Thursday, November 3, 2011

I Can't Say It

©Stacie Sandall

When I look into your eyes
I can see the tempestuous sea.
I hear the thundering waves
every time you look at me.

I have searched for a lifetime
and all I've found just wasn't real.
Now my searching is over
and I can't tell you how I feel.

Will you run if I speak?
Would you hide from my words?
Or will you smile and take my hand,
and stick around for another verse?

I can't tell you that you're my sky,
the key to every question “Why?”.
You're every breath I'll ever take,
in every choice I'll ever make.

You're the rhyme in every song,
the right to every wrong.
You're the gleam of every star,
but I can't show you all you are.

We're clouds passing in the sky,
headlights flashing in the night.
Our eyes collide from across the room,
but my heart puts up a fight.

I stammer and I fall
when you walk into the room,
but I can't divulge my deepest thoughts
of me as bride and you as groom.

Should I drop to my knees
and tell you your soul makes my heart sing?
Will you shake your head and sigh
when I unveil everything?

You're a decade too gone
With a woman by your side.
I'm left to wallow in my hate
for these feelings that I hide.


No comments:

Post a Comment