Thursday, November 3, 2011

Wednesday Morning Realization

©Stacie Sandall


All of me I give to you
and keep nothing for myself.
I wade through mud and stormy seas
and put my own feelings on a shelf.
You say you'll give me love
if I give you more.
You say that you'll show me love
if you I don't ignore, but...
How much is more than everything?
How much longer will my "inadequacy" sting?
Why isn't my all good enough for you?
How long is more than eternity?
What price is your insecurity?
How much more must I try to live up to?
Why don't you see how you resent?
Why do you hold back as punishment?
How much is more than all that I've committed?
How much more do I need to bleed?
How many times do I have to plead?
How long until you see that I've submitted?
Why is your love a reward to earn?
Why do you doubt me at every turn?
Why do you want more than I can give?
Why must I cry for you to hear?
Why no concern for my every tear?
When do you want me to forgive?
Why do you burden my heart with this weight?
Why do you twist my words into hate?
Why do you see me as the enemy?
When will you believe the words I say?
When will you see how I love you each day?
When will you lift this torment from me?


No comments:

Post a Comment