Thursday, November 3, 2011

Lose My Breath

©Stacie Sandall



Every breath I take
is full of you,
the steps I take
on the morning dew,
the jaded grass
between my toes,
the wilt of lilies
'neath my nose,
the beams of sun kiss
on my lips,
the felt of sea on my fingertips,
a steady breeze
on wilted cheek,
in every single word I speak.
My eyelids flit
across your face
to delete a memory I can't erase
Air turns stale
between my teeth.
My tongue falls silent,
dried beneath.
Toss and turn
the nightly fare,
the pillow's unfettered
by your hair.
Moonlight is dulled
with nowhere to go.
Flowers fade
with no reason to grow.
Stars crumple and they fall.
Planets twist out of line.
The earth trembles at my feet.
The sun no longer comes to shine.
Every beat of my heart
screams for your touch.
The weight of your love
is almost too much.


No comments:

Post a Comment