Thursday, November 3, 2011

Surrender

©Stacie Sandall


To want so much,
but never gain your heart
is shredding me within.
I cannot bear to even look,
not a glance, anymore.
My seams are tearing,
bursting,
longing for your strong fingers
to caress my face,
for you to gaze into my eyes and say...
anything.
I can't eat.
I can't sleep.
You are wedged in my heart
like an iron spike,
like a dagger.
Every day I drift further from your sight,
fading into the dust you kick up as you walk by.
I can only retreat into myself
where I can fall asleep in your arms,
wake up to your soft, brown eyes staring,
your fingertips glazing my cheek with love,
our legs tangled,
feet playing a game of chess.
As I'm sure this heart will beat on without you,
I will stay silent, hidden.
I will stay forever held together
by a fine thread of hope -- of numbness.


No comments:

Post a Comment