Thursday, November 3, 2011

You'll Know

©Stacie Sandall


Someday you'll realize what you've done to me.
Someday you'll realize what I need.
Someday you'll validate my heart's pain
and learn by hurting me you've none to gain.
Someday you'll know how bad your words sting.
Someday you'll know what foul lips can bring.
Someday you'll notice I've gone for good
and learn you didn't do all you could.
Someday you'll think about what you've said.
Someday you'll think about where your words have lead.
Someday you'll wish you'd taken them back
and learned you've lost all because of your attack.
Someday you'll hear the words you hate to hear.
Someday you'll have come true your biggest fear.
Someday you'll wish you'd kept your tongue at bay
and learn what things you shouldn't say.
Someday you'll be wanting me to come back to you.
Someday you'll be wanting me to forgive you, too.
Someday you'll see you have no heart
and learn why we finally had to part.


No comments:

Post a Comment